Friday, May 30, 2014

Star Wars Assault Team: Gem Run Challenge

Welcome to Stuff For Guys, where you'll find information about a lot of useless stuff, an occasional useful stuff, but it's all stuff for guys.  On May 30, the team at LucasArts and Disney Mobile have released a new Star Wars Assault Team Special Mission called "Gem Run Challenge" where you can win up to 5 gems per mission!  You'll need 1 Humanoid, 1 Droid and 1 Beast on your team, so choose wisely!  Keep reading to see gameplay video, the team that I used and sample rewards.




Gameplay video of all 3 difficulty levels

Team: Spider, Leia, Probot
I chose Leia as the humanoid because her Triple Shot is both deadly and efficient for missions.  I chose Spider as the beast because his special only takes 2 bars to charge up in case I need to use it multiple times.  I chose Probot as the droid only because I don't use him much, so I thought I'd take him out for a spin.

Initial Rewards: 3 Gems total
Here are the results from playing all 3 difficulties in a row for the first time.  I'm not overly impressed with the lack of gems in the latter 2 difficulties; I hope this isn't another example of LucasArts false advertising (remember the promises of getting new beasts or droids in other special missions?).

Normal Difficulty: 3 Gems

Heroic Difficulty: 0 Gems

Epic Difficulty: 0 Gems

Subsequent Rewards
Here are the rewards from subsequent forays into this mission.

Temporary bug didn't display stats, but this was 1 gem






10 comments:

  1. Have you seen the new characters? Apparently there's a shistavanen and an azantl?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right. More on that to come soon...

      Delete
  2. These are a joke, just as many of their other missions are. I have got 3 gems on the easy difficulty once, completed all 3 difficulty levels and have done about 10 more runs and not gotten a single other gem........ Pathetic....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you sure that its 5 gems per mission? Because I'm starting to think that its 5 gems at all... Anyway, want to thank you for your site, as well... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Glad to hear that you like it. And congrats on getting all of those gems!

      Delete
  4. nevermind, just got my 6 gem....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've done dozens of these, probably close to 3 dozen on all 3 difficulty levels and got only got gems ONCE....... What a load of crap.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I believe it's 5 gems total. Not 5 each. Because the mission doesn't state that '5 gems per mission'. It was 'win upto 5 gems'. And I completely lost it when I bought my gems for the stupid new 'hero crate'. Anyway. But I got tons of new heroes at that mission, estimating at roughly 10 heroes and counting. Keep playing guys! Maybe you'll get 'crate-only items'!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So I think it is giving a max of up to 5 gems total or something? I haven't gotten anything past the initial wave of gems when completed them

    ReplyDelete